Cognos Data Manager SQL Node is only available in Cognos Data Manager Job Stream. It is used to execute database query inside a Job Stream.
Follow below steps to add a SQL node inside a Job Stream.
- Right Click on Job Stream in which you want to add SQL node and click on Insert Node and select SQL Node.
- Provide appropriate Business name and Description in General tab.
- Click on SQL tab, first select database from Database drop down (if no connection is available click on New button to create a new database connection. For more details how to create a connection refer this link.) and add following SQL Query "SELECT 'Hello World !!!';". Click on SQL Helper. In SQL Helper windows select play icon to execute your SQL Query. If your query executed successfully click on OK to close SQL Helper.
- Select Predecessors tab. Select the node which is going to execute before this SQL node.
- Click on Successor tab and check the check box which is going to execute after this SQL node. If the SQL Node is last to execute do not check anything.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
In above example we created a SQL node which is used to execute SELECT 'Hello Wolrd !!!' command in a SQL server Database.
Still facing any issue feel free to post a comment.