Problem: Unable to access Cognos Administration
Issue: PF-SRV-6116 Unable to process the document, target is not valid or the target was not received.
Solution: You have to modify web.config file available below locations. Once you find correct config file edit it as mentioned in steps to modify section
Web Config File Possible Locations: You have to modify one of the following web.config file. Chose the one which contains add name=" CGI-cognos" or <add name=" ISAPI-cognos" . Create a backup of config file before modifying original file.
Steps to modify:
- Open notepad with administrative privileges.
- Create a copy of web.config available at <Cognos 8 or 10 Installation Directory>\CX\cgi-bin\web.config
- Open same file in notepad open in step-1.
- Search for <add name=" CGI-cognos" path="*.cgi" verb="*" modules="CgiModule" resourceType="Unspecified" /> or <add name=" ISAPI-cognos" path="cognosisapi.dll" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Program Files (x86)\cognos\c8\cgi-bin\cognosisapi.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="bitness32" /> line is available according to your server settings.
- Add allowPathInfo="true" in the end of the line resourceType="Unspecified" allowPathInfo="true" /> or preCondition="bitness32" allowPathInfo="true" /> according to the available line.
- Save the web.config file and Restart IIS to effect the changes.