Problem: Need to configure Unity 3D in Windows 8.
- OS: Windows 8 64 bit.
- Unity 3D Version: 4+
- ADT Bundle: adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130917
- Install JDK.
- Create a environment variable named Java_Home.
- Open Control Panel -> System -> Advance System Settings. Add a system variable Java_Home with value C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25 (assuming JDK is installed in C drive).
- Download adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130917.ZIP from android developer web site and Unzip It.
- Execute SDK Manager.exe. If SDK Manager is not working as expected follow step 4.
- Modify android.bat located in adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130917\sdk\tools\android.bat. Open it in a note pad and search for set java_exe= and replace it with set java_exe= with set java_exe=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25\bin\java.exe.
- set java_exe=call lib\find_java.batif not defined java_exe goto :EOF
- Re run SDK Manager.exe. Download appropriate Android SDK versions.
- Open Unity 3D and Build your game. During process if Unity ask for android SDK path map it with adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130917\sdk folder and enjoy your android device game.
Your comments, queries and suggestions are welcomed.