Cognos Data Manager Designer contains following items.
1. Menu Bar
2. Tool Bar
3. Tree Pan
4. Visualization Pan
As shown in image highlighted with green color is menu bar. It provide all the available options oncognos fata manager.
Highlight with blue color is the tool bar. It contains short cut for frequently used options.
The tree pane highlighted with red color. It is available in left side. It would contain the tree view of all the available components in your current catalog. Tree pane have following tab. Each tab will show selected items.
- Catalog Tab: It will show all the available nodes used in the current Catalog. Root level is your catalog. The level 1 will contains 3 items.
- Build Tab: It will show the list of all the available fact builds used in the catalog.
- Dimension Build Tab: It will show the list of all the available dimension builds used in the catalog.
- Job Stream Tab: It will show all the list of Job Streams used in the catalog.
- Library Tab: It is the list of Dimensions, Connections, and Functions.
- Metadata Tab: It is the list of Dimension and Collections.
Last is visualization pane it is the actual work area in this you can modify the cognos data manager component (highlighted in yellow color).
In next article we are going to create our first Job Stream.