In this article, we are going to learn about how to create a New Kotlin Project in Linux. Create our first Kotlin Project in IntelliJ IDEA Following are the steps to create a new project in IntelliJ IDEA.
- First Launch IntelliJ IDEA
- Next, Create a new Project
- Select Project Type. We want, to create a new Kotlin/JVM Project
- Close Tips of the Day dialog box
- By default, Project View is closed. Open it first so we can able to add a new file. Keyboard shortcut Alt+!
- Create a new Kotlin File. Right click on src folder and the select Kotlin File/Class
- Provide File Name "HellovLemonn". Ignore the KT extension.
- Edit newly created file. Add code as shown in the following image.
- Finally, we are ready o launch our FirstKotlion Project. Execute Project
Create our First Koltin project in Eclipse
Following are the steps to create a new Kotlin Project in Eclipse Linux.
- Open terminal using Ctrl+Alt+T
- Open eclipse folder
- Launch Eclipse "./eclipse"
- Add code in newly created file
For rest of the tutorial series, we are going got use IntelliJ IDEA Community edition.
What is next? Next, we are going to learn more about Kotlin and it's code syntax.